Ruby on Rails Developer
About The Position
Team Sava specializes in building outstanding teams of passionate, world-class professionals and top-tier software developers for growing global hi-tech companies.
Our partner, Bits of Gold is the pioneer of digital currency trading in Israel. Their automated platform helps individuals, enterprises, and institutions to buy and sell digital currency such as Bitcoin and Ethereum in a friendly, safe, and trusted way. They serve over 135,000 private clients, more than 1,000 companies, focused on Israel, Europe and soon Worldwide.
Bits of Gold is more than just a cryptocurrency exchange operation – in fact, they have built our solid technology platform by themselves. They work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Bits of Gold's operation stack. Each of their team members has a say in how to make a difference and what solutions they should implement. They work with a passion, but they haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and creative Ruby on Rails Developer to join R&D team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an excellent team early on and grow with the company while expanding expertise in the Fin-Tech world.
As a Ruby on Rails Developer, you’ll work closely with an incredible group of developers, and you’ll take a significant part in shaping an exciting range of products and technologies in the core business of Bits of Gold.
- Opportunity to work on a great product and have an impact on our company's further growth
- Learning opportunities and professional development tailored to your needs
- Highly supportive and relaxed team environment that is constantly growing
- Provided equipment and technology in support of remote work
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Private healthcare insurance
- Team building events
- Great referral fees
Team Sava nurtures an individual approach to each member of the team to make sure you feel as comfortable and supported as possible. Your opinion matters to us and we make it our business to hear your voice and create an optimal environment for you to do your best work.
Check out our Careers page for more information on how we work!
- Build financial systems to scale with a strong focus on performance and security aspects
- Architect and develop new and existing products and features
- Design and implement entire application and infrastructure stack, including internal systems, account checkout pages, user experience, and advanced security features
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including PMs, to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones
- Contribute to the estimations, planning, and execution of projects, features, and integrations
- Implement UX and UI in customer-facing app and sometimes design it yourself based on existing design system and components
- Scale systems to support ever-growing partner and consumer base
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations and provide feedback about potential tool improvements
- 2+ years deep hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails backend development
- Experience in Postgres databases
- A strong foundation of design principles relating to platform development, security, data modeling, and scaling
- Professional experience with client-side frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Great organizational and project management skills
Bonus points for:
- Hands-on experience with React
- Experience with backend development - Node.js, Python, etc
- Experience in various databases (My SQL, MongoDB, Redis/ Elastic/ etc.)
1. You let us know that you find this role interesting by sending us your CV
2. Our friendly HR contacts you promptly to schedule a short call to exchange additional information
3. We organize technical interview and assessment where you get the opportunity to meet the rest of the team you would be working with
4. One final interview to talk about your experience, expectations, and plans
5. We think we are a great match, send you a job offer, you agree and accept 🙂