Senior Java Developer
About The Position
Team Sava specializes in building outstanding teams of passionate, world-class professionals and top-tier software developers for growing global hi-tech companies.
Our partner is MSD Animal Health (par of Merck & Co), a global healthcare company with a 130-year history of working to make a difference. With more than 71,000 employees in 140 countries, MSD aspires to improve the health and wellness of people and animals worldwide and to expand access to medicines and vaccines.
Throughout regional innovation centers, MSD develops cutting-edge, end-to-end platforms and applications that help customers enhance animal management and health outcomes through data and insights.
The platform works concentrating on utilizing automated and wireless sensor-driven technology, internal systems capture and analyze data in real-time, and combined with expertise in animal health, MSD ensures the data is targeted to make practical management decisions.
We are looking for an initiative and self-motivated Senior Java Developer to join the team and become a part of the innovative development of multi-species animal and environmental sensor platforms.
As a Java developer, you will work on our leading dairy monitoring product, serving thousands of customers worldwide. As a part of the development team, you will be responsible for developing new modules. You will be a part of a multinational team working in an Agile environment. You will participate in a whole development process starting from estimations until delivery to production.
- Opportunity to work on a great product
- Remote / Pet-friendly office
- Paid team lunch (twice per month when the team is in the office)
- Provided equipment and technology in support of remote work
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Private healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Udemy online courses
- Minimum 23 vacation days
- Team building events
- Internal referral fees between €300 and €1.000
- Know someone who can be a good fit? 🙂 Let us know and when a new hire starts working collect a referral fee in the amount of €300
Budget for the position: up to €4000 net
Team Sava nurtures an individual approach to each member of the team to make sure you feel as comfortable and supported as possible. Your opinion matters to us and we make it our business to hear your voice and create an optimal environment for you to do your best work.
Check out our Careers page for more information on how we work!
- Writing application using Java
- Development of new features and components
- Working with project documentation
- Direct communication with customer team
- 4+ years Java development experience
- Good knowledge of core Java concepts (reflection, threads, object lifecycle, connection/thread pools etc.)
- Proficiency with Relational / Non-Relational Databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Spring framework – big advantage
- Experience in non-relational DB
- Experience in working in Agile methodology/environment with proven ability to work with User stories and test cases
- Experience working with cloud technologies- AWS
- Experience working with CI/CD
Sounds like an exciting challenge for you? Then these are the next steps:
1. You let us know that you find this role interesting by sending us your CV
2. Our friendly HR contacts you promptly to schedule a short call to exchange additional information
3. We organize technical interviews where you get the opportunity to meet the rest of the team you would be working with
4. One final interview to talk about your experience, expectations, and plans
5. We think we are a great match, send you a job offer, you agree and accept
Looking forward to hearing from you!