Game Math Designer
About The Position
Team Sava specializes in building outstanding teams of passionate, world-class professionals and top-tier software developers for growing global hi-tech companies.
Our partner, PlayStudios, located in Tel Aviv and Bay Area, is a consumer gaming company focused on the ever-expanding market for social and mobile gaming. They are developing a revolutionary social gaming platform aimed at reshaping the way people from all segments play online. Playstudios flagship apps are consistently rated among the Top-20 Grossing apps in the Apple App Store in their category!
We are looking for an amazing Game Math Designer, proactive, positive, and self-driven person to join our dedicated team.
As a Game Math Designer, you will lead the design process, collaborating with the rest of the team to make truly standout products that break the mold on what a slot game can be. Along the way, you’ll create unique payout experiences, that perfect harmony between math and emotion. We are looking for mature creatives who can deliver business results. We are looking for visionaries who can be our design experts on existing and emerging game models and mechanics. The best games are still to be made and you can be the one who makes them.
You should take responsibility for creating mathematical models for slot games, balancing games to reach the required player experience, and validating games’ behavior with developers. You will work closely with Developers, Producers, Game Designers, Engineers, and other departments in order to provide answers and explanations to relevant math questions and game concepts.
- Create mathematical models of slot machines
- Create or adapt game features; offer new ideas and conduct brainstorming sessions
- Tune and model complex systems using Excel
- Write copy, messaging and narrative elements of the game
- Create and maintain storyboards, wireframes, and design documents to communicate new features
- Work with software engineers to test and verify game math model simulations using statistical methods
- Analyze metrics and user feedback to derive insights and adjust game designs accordingly
- Remain up-to-date with casino game design trends
- Actively participate in the game development process, engaging the team and resolving issues
- Collaborate daily with your team, working together to solve problems and make great games
- 2+ years experience in casino game development, game and math model design
- Extensive knowledge of real money or social casino games and player psychology
- Demonstrated expertise in combinatorics, probability, and statistics
- Excel expert, experience with VBA preferred
- Programming experience; preferably C/C++, C#, Java, or VBA
- Skills with one or more art/wireframing tools helpful: Balsamiq Mockups, PhotoShop, Illustrator
- Demonstrated ability to work in a creative and collaborative, interrupt-driven work environment
- Able to give and take constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and work on more than one game at a time
- Passion for gaming; avid gamer with solid understanding of game development and game genres
- Self-direction, drive, and leadership
- Opportunity to do incredible work with a passionate and playful team
- Learning and self-improvement opportunities
- Friendly and pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Team building events
- Great referral fees
- Coffee, fruit and snacks
- Check our Careers page for more information